Monday, May 1, 2017

Last weeks email and pics!! "Welcome to Colorado!!"

Welcome to Colorado,

Well this week has been fun and eventful. So Colorado's weather is crazy it goes from snowing like crazy to 70 degrees then raining then just windy.  I even got a sunburn. 



I saw lightning the other night that was cool, and more fireworks. Anyway so I love the people here lol they are very missionary minded and help a lot. One of our families throw a lot of parties and bring their friends and invite us so we can get to know them and somebody we are going to start teaching we call him Phil is really fun and he loves us first time I met him he hugged me.  Things here in Colorado are going swell we are also doing lots of service and Saturday was very eventful I posted a vlog about it but we were cleaning a creek of homeless camps for earth day and my comp flung some dirty homeless creek panties at my face and knocked my glasses off in the nasty black water. I found them but gross lol then that same day we had clean checks and got a perfect score then on the way to dinner I crashed my bike lol good thing everything was okay.




So this week I was studying in my preach my Gospel for my training and I am studying the plan of salvation. I came across this scripture Moses 1:39 it reads "for behold this is my work and my glory - to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." this is such a small but simple scripture and I will expound sometimes in life we get so caught up on the little things or the worldly things or we even become angry with god or we don't understand why things happen in 1 Nephi 11:17 it reads: "and I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things." these 2 scriptures say so much God has a plan set for each and everyone of us and he sees and thinks of everything on an eternal prospective and what is in our best interest for eternal life.  We have trials that happen in everyday life to strengthen and to grown and learn and to prepare us for that eternal life, and when life gets hard or we face trials we don't know why but we know God loves us. What a beautiful thing if we can all work to put a side the worldly thing and broaden our prospective a little we might grow stronger and find true eternal happiness. "Count your many blessings" is one of my favorite hymns and if we can take a moment to see gods hand in our life and say a prayer for nothing but gratitude it brings the spirit into your life and many blessing and happiness. I love you all I hope you have a joy filled week of happiness and smiles and laughter and may god be with you till we meet again. :)
                                                                                                       love, Elder Bowles





No comments:

Post a Comment