Monday, March 5, 2018

New Comp! My 1 year mark!

Dear Family,                                                                                                 March 5th, 2018

So this week we had transfers. I was so sad to see Elder Blatter go but I haven't cried yet because I get to see him this Saturday!  I got a new companion named Elder Kinney, He is from Springville Utah. He is 20 and he's been out for almost 18 months now and I'm his 8th comp lol he's my 9th. Um he loves basketball and he's a really nice kid. We have had a fun week with lots of success. We found 2 new investigators and handed out 13 copies of the book of Mormon! So some good stuff I love Elder Kinney's song he wrote and the vlogs he made.
You can see the vlogs on my YouTube channel. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgZdcqNP-8TkQnlxUhf60wg




I'm super excited this week is my one year mark! So I get to go the temple on Thursday.
So one year ago on march 8th 2017 I left all you guys early morning and I was feeling very weird but got on a plane was picked up by my grand parents had lunch with them and then got dropped off at the mtc I remember getting kicked to the curb following someone who took my luggage, and  I got my tag and my new room and as I was walking down the hall to my class room to get my comp, Someone from behind me yelled Xander Bowles and I was like no one knows my name yet lol and it was Cody Adams a friend I hadn't seen in over 10 years that was such a blessing and my mtc comp showed up really late because they got lost lol.  So I didn't have a comp for the first half of my day. but that's what I remember most from a year ago. I also remember my first night in the mission the person I shared a room with in the mission home went to bed before I finished my prayers and when I looked up he had pulled my sheets and blanket over the top of him and he was laying on top of the comforter on the comfy looking bed. When I took the floor I was cold and uncomfortable and didn't sleep much my first night there lol. But I have come to love my mission so much it truly has been an amazing journey and experience and I've learned and grown so much and I look forward to the many more experiences this new year holds and the wonderful and many blessings I'll be able to see and the joy I can bring to people!  I love you guys and hope you have a wonderful week I look forward to hearing from you all. May God be with you till we meet again. 
Love,
Your favorite Elder Xander Bowles 

 Service at Loaves and Fishes

 Meet Elder Kinney


Elder Bowles Now posts videos on YouTube

Missionary Mail

Elder Xander Bowles 
Colorado, Colorado Springs Mission
4090 Center Park DR Suit #4
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80916

xander.bowles@myldsmail.net



No comments:

Post a Comment