Saturday, March 11, 2017

Leaving the Nest


This last week was a whirl wind of activity as we finished up all the last minute Stuff before Elder Xander Bowles left for 2 years.  Thursday March 2nd started this crazy cyclone as we went to The Portland, OR Temple.


 Monday and Tuesday where full of sorting packing and making sure he had everything that he needed.


 Tuesday night he was set apart as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Wednesday He flew out at 6am to the MTC(Missionary Training Center).  He will be there for 3 weeks as he learns and prepares to introduce and teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the people of the Colorado, Colorado Springs Mission. 
           I thought that it would be easier to see him go since I had been through this once before with his older brother, I was prepared for this....  No I definitely was not!  As he packed my eyes kept leaking.  When he was set apart as a missionary they continued to leak.  At the airport I couldn't contain my tears of Joy, love, and heartache.  It really hit when I walked into the house and all was quiet.  Elder Bowles has this exuberance and energy that surrounds him.  When he comes through the door he bounds in with a greeting you could probably relate to like Tigger from whinnie the Pooh.  I will miss him always telling me to be positive and his perspective on The Gospel. 




We were so grateful to all the friends and family that came to the airport to wish him well on his Journey including a skype call with his best friend. 



We were grateful for his Grandparents and Cousin that were able to Pick him up from the airport that gave him a familiar face to help him complete his journey to the MTC.

As Parents we raise our children to be responsible independent adults,  we pray for them, guide them and love them.  When it is time for them to leave the nest we couldn't be more proud, but the heart still hurts even if you know that they will be watched over and that they doing the things they were destined to do.  There is a void that will be there till they come home again.  Even though I know that life will never be the same again even when he comes home, my joy will be complete as I see the Man he has turned into and not the boy that I sent out.  These times make being a mom so worth it as you see your children soar, fall, and learn to pick themselves up and soar again. 


He sent us a quick email Wednesday afternoon saying that he made it to the MTC and that his Pdays(preparation day)  will be on Tuesdays.  Tuesday can not get here fast enough.   I look forward to sharing his Journey and  adventures with you all over the next 2 years.

Redheadedmama







No comments:

Post a Comment